Underwater photography is one of the most popular diving specialties, and with so many underwater cameras to choose from, it has become easier and more fun than ever to capture images of your underwater scuba adventures. The PADI Digital Underwater Photographer course gets you going quickly, whether you use a point-and-shoot camera or a sophisticated dSLR like the pros.
What will you learn?
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your PADI Professional, you’ll discover:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
- The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
- Principles for good composition of underwater images.
- Practical techniques to take great photos with your digital camera.
Get credit! The second dive of this PADI Specialty Diver course may credit as an Adventure Dive toward your Advanced Open Water Diver certification – ask your instructor about earning credit.
What equipment will you use?
Of course you’ll use an underwater camera and need your basic scuba equipment. To edit your photographs, you’ll need access to photo editing equipment, which usually includes a computer with editing software.
Included in the cost:
- All your scuba equipment
- Course manual
- Course certification card
- PADI (Junior) Open Water Diver or higher
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- You need to be reasonably healthy