Share your passion for scuba diving by becoming a PADI Divemaster. As a divemaster you’ll supervise scuba diving activities and assist with scuba classes. PADI Divemaster is the first step in your diving career. During this course you will cover a significant amount of theory and be exposed to teaching techniques, both for in and out of the water. Get ready to experience Blue Yard Hub from up close!
What will you learn?
The PADI Divemaster course teaches you to be a leader and take charge of dive activities. Through knowledge development sessions, waterskills exercises and workshops, and hands-on practical assessment, you develop the skills to organize and direct a variety of scuba diving activities. Topics and practical workshops include:
- The role and characteristics of the PADI Divemaster
- Supervising dive activities and assisting with student divers
- Diver safety and risk management
- Divemaster conducted programs and specialized skills
- Business of diving and your career
- Awareness of the dive environment
- Dive setup and management
- Mapping an open water site
- Conducting dive briefings
- Organizing a search and recovery project and a deep dive
- Conducting a scuba review and skin diver course
- Assisting with Discover Scuba Diving and leading Discover Local Diving programs
What equipment will you use?
As a dive professional, you’ll want to have all your basic scuba equipment, including a dive computer, a dive knife, and at least two surface signaling devices. During practical skills exercises, like underwater mapping and search and recovery, you’ll use a compass, floats, marker buoys, lift bags and slates.
Price on request
Included in the cost:
- All your equipment
- Course manual
- Course certification card
- Rescue Diver
- Minimum age: 18 years old
- 40 logged dives
- Valid EFR certification
- You need to be reasonably healthy